Join Green Energy Ohio for these coming educational events in GEO Connections:
GEO 1-DAY SOLAR ELECTRIC PV WORKSHOP
Thursday, February 11, 2016 (8 am – 5 pm)
City of Westerville Electric Division
139 East Broadway Avenue, Westerville, Ohio
Featuring Solar Educator Jay Warmke
See More Details & REGISTER NOW:
– GEO Member Workshop Registration $100 registration fee (includes lunch)
– Non Member Workshop Registration $120 registration fee (join GEO today and save $20 on this workshop) See Next GEO Solar PV Workshops in Dayton, Cincinnati & Westerville.
OHIO GREEN ENERGY POLICY CONFERENCE Hosted by GEO
Thursday, April 7, 2016 (8:30 am – 5:00 pm) Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Stay Conference Details as we organize this statewide event.
FEDERAL POLICY: Act on Climate – Build 50% Clean Energy in America by 2030; Support the US EPA Clean Power Plan; Promote the Extended Tax Credits for Solar and Wind
STATE POLICY: Restore Ohio’s renewable energy and energy efficiency standards; Establish reasonable Ohio wind farm set-backs; Insure fair renewable energy net-metering rules
LOCAL COMMUNITY POLICY: Community Choice Aggregation Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Community Solar; Solar Cooperatives (OH-SUN); Voluntary Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
REGISTER NOW: GEO 1-Day Solar Electric PV Workshop Featuring Solar Educator Jay Warmke
Thursday, February 11, 2016 (8 am – 5 pm) City of Westerville Electric Division 139 East Broadway Avenue, Westerville, Ohio
A Basic but Comprehensive Overview of Solar Electric (PV) – Register online:
GEO Member Workshop Registration – $100 registration fee (includes lunch)
Non Member Workshop Registration – $120 registration fee (join GEO today and save $20 on this workshop)
Thursday, April 7, 2016 (8:30 am – 5:00 pm)
Nationwide & Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center
2210 Fred Taylor Drive, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
SPONSORSHIP & EXHIBITOR OPPORTUNITIES ♦ ATTENDEE REGISTRATION
Green Energy Ohio (GEO) will conduct an all-day Policy Conference on key green energy policy issues on Thursday, April 7, 2016. The Conference will feature issues affecting the everyday actions of the Buckeye state’s community leaders, professionals, policy makers, business owners, media, educators and students. Networking opportunities across this spectrum of attendees makes the policy conference a unique venue for all involved in “lessons learned” dialogues about successes, barriers and new opportunities.
- What’s happening with the Mentor Senior Center Solar Collectors?
- Does solar really work in NE Ohio?
- Why would I want solar?
- Can a solar electric system be financed and made affordable for me?
- Will it pay for itself in my lifetime?
- Is there a BIG picture in the immediate future here that includes electric cars?
- What’s up with the Senior Center Solar Collectors?
- Solar energy potential
- What is Net Metering?
- The Green Energy Ohio annual solar tour
- Declining costs of Solar electric systems
- Improved financing options for solar electric systems
- Examples of solar installations happening all around you in NE Ohio
- Putting solar electric on your residence
- The economics of Solar electric systems
- Dramatically improving the financial payback for a solar electric system by using it to charge an electric car